Monday, December 10, 2007

Oh my aching head.



This weekend was the beginning of the holiday parties and it started with a bang!

The Downtown Runners & Walkers of Detroit held their annual gala and it was extra great this year! We had a great turnout and the liquid refreshments were cold and plentiful. It’s also an annual event for Sandy to run in the Jingle Bell 5K in New Baltimore. I’m typically still suffering from the night before, so I’m just a spectator. It’s amazing that she has run this race for the last six years and her finish time is almost always the same. She runs between 25:00 and 25:46, which is fantastic.

Oh that’s right, I forgot about the running stuff that I did in the morning.

The team got its first encounter with the wind at Stony Creek MetroPark. Even though it’s a circular loop around the park, the wind always seems to be in your face. We tried running negative splits so everyone would have a little left in their tanks towards the end of their runs. No matter how hard you try, it is so difficult to run slow when you have a ton of energy.

Congratulations to Bob Delisle for completing his second marathon in Honolulu on Sunday. Bob was part of the Michigan chapter of team in Training and wasn’t sure if he would make it or not. I can’t wait to read his race report.
I’m starting to feel almost normal again, so bring on the parties!

2 comments:

Al Durham said...

Normal as in sober, not hung over or ready to run...lol Enjoy the holidays.

Sonia said...

That sounds like a great party to me! I've never tried the racing hungover thingy, if it could give me a 5K time like Sandy's, I would do it! ;-)

 
;