Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tuesday's Thoughts

It must be true what they say about misery loving company. PT Girl and I have a new leg training partner in Vinnie.
Now Vinnie has some back issue but he is mainly trying to improve his leg strength for cycling. He completed the Make-A-Wish 300 Mile bike ride this year for the first time and he is hooked. He already has tree trunks for legs but he wants to maintain what he has.
Now it’s so easy to back out of a workout when you do it alone, but with two other folks waiting it will be impossible to miss!
I’m trying to compile my 2008 race schedule and so far January is the only month that I don’t have a race. This is probably a good thing knowing the weather and my current conditioning. I’m looking at a 5k on Superbowl Sunday or a 4 Miler the following week. I’m committed to the Country Music Marathon & ½ Marathon in April but that’s as a Team in training coach.
It’s Tuesday, so I’m off to run with the Downtown Detroit Runners and have a few adult beverages afterwards to replenish the fluids lost in the run.

0 comments:

 
;