Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday's Thoughts.......

Okay, I can really run without aggravating my groin and I can't lift overhead or press because of my shoulder strain. I've taken a couple of days off from everything except getting on the trainer and watching Glee!

It always seems strange to not have a workout, which gives you time to do normal stuff.

Do you know that you can wake up on Sunday and leisurely do things and go to church?

Do you realize that your body doesn't need as much rest when you aren't putting such a physical demand on it?

Even the washing machine gets a break when you aren't going through workout clothing twice a day!

Have any of you ever been in a race where a fight broke out? I remember one when one guy was spitting and he accidentally spat on another guy. Really messed up their finish time.......

Do you think you could outrun Jason from Halloween or some other killer???

Are you looking forward to Daylight Savings time and do you wish it stayed year-round?

Peace.........

6 comments:

Marlene said...

One of my friends got spit on at Sunday's race. EW.

It's hard to remember what I used to do with all my free time when I wasn't working out twice a day and doing laundry every day...

Kathy said...

Once witnessed and man and wife get into a shouting match at mile 2 of a half marathon (he didn't think she was trying hard enough) - it was very difficult not to stop and watch!
DST - blech, I don't want to get up earlier but I really do like more sunlight to run after work ...

Evolving Through Running said...

Did no workout yesterday for the first time in about 1.5 months, and it did make it seem like the day had about 30 hours. Didn't like not working out, however.

Daylight Savings Time is definitely my friend. I'm up so early for workouts that it's dark no matter what time of the year, but I love the longer days and being able to eat dinner on the deck while the sun is still shining. Doesn't take much to make me happy.

B.o.B. said...

omg a fight? really? that's awesome. wish i could have reffed it.

also, yes on being able to do non-workout stuff on a sat/sun morning. i always wonder what "normal" people do. lol!

great post ken!

Joanna said...

YES! Detroit Marathon 2009, a male runner and a female spectator, who appeared to be walking to church, were having a knock-down, drag-out screaming match right in front of me. My favorite line, "Your momma should have swallowed you!" True story.

Terzah said...

I have never seen a fight break out in a race. That would be hard not to rubber-neck. And oh the laundry! Between my running and my kids, it's an infinite flow of laundry in my house.

 
;