Friday, March 2, 2012

TGIFunny................

I was doing my normal run down Memory Lane and then I made a right turn....

It's always best to make a right turn versus a wrong turn down Memory Lane. The wrong turn leads to an undesirable area....

I started thinking about my running history and all of the races and training tuns that I've done and came to a conclusions.

I'm not a runner!

That's right, I'm a Performer/Entertainer......

I've never been a really good training runner, especially when there's no one to see me.

I get into a group environment and everything is totally different, I'm in heaven.

I've always performed so much better in races, where there are spectators and other runner.

Granted not all of the runners are as talkative as me but it never has stopped me.

I often jokes about receiving appearance fees for my comic entertainment in races.

So, going forward I will not consider myself a runner.

Maybe I'll just go by one name like Cher or Madonna....
Peace

5 comments:

o2bhiking said...

A runner pal said to me the other day: "There are two kinds of runners: cat runners and dog runners. The cat runners want to be left alone. Won't chat - just leave me alone. The dog runners are like: wow, great to see you! isn't FUN! I love this. Let's run some more. Hey look, isn't that Sally? hey Sally! It's me! Come join us! Let's run together! isn't this fun!" I think I tend towards the dog runner. Art

Hmmm - might be worth a future blog post!

Lily on the Road said...

Well, Racn4acure put it down! That makes total sense. I'm more of a cat runner, but will run with the dogs...as long as they don't sniff me!

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

Ken - you are surely an entertainer! You've helped me through several marathons. It's a very difficult thing to keep cheering on people for that amount of time. As I'm sure you have passed that person that just stares at you as you are passing the 24 mile mark. Come on people, make some freaking noise to keep me going! You could get paid to do it! Would you settle for a beer? Haha!

Joanna said...

You are completely crazy. Who says you can't be both an entertainer and a runner? Who says that "real" runners have to be good at doing it on their own and without a group? There are no rules here!

Maid Service Linden said...

Nice post thanks for sharinng

 
;