Sunday, January 3, 2010

Six Degrees of Seperation

It was 6º without the wind chill and I didn't know what to expect from my team. I think a few of them were waiting on an email from their coach, saying that the training run was canceled due to frigid temps!




But noooooooooooooooo, we're like the Postal Service and we run in almost any type of weather.

This was a good learning experience for most of them, since they're relatively new to running.
  • They drafted off each other when the wind gust turned into our faces.
  • A few of them learned that mittens are better than gloves in keeping your fingers warm
  • Exposed skin is a big no-no!
  • Sunglasses of regular glasses fog up even in cold temps.
  • You still sweat and lose fluids that need to be replenished.
I did tell them that they'll remember this day and now have no excuses for missing a training day!



Okay, time for me to get out and get my run in. It's a balmy 7º and the sun is shining. Who needs Florida?????

6 comments:

Jess said...

I do! Sorry, but running in 7 degrees in not for me!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

You're hardcore!!! Great job to you coach for not sending out that email, and to those that showed up!! :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Motownrunner said...

I skied in minus five degrees? Isn't that the equivalent of running 10 miles in five?? I think we can add bonus miles based on weather conditions.

TNTcoach Ken said...

LOL, I don't think so!

Anne said...

Sounds like you're definitely helping build character among your brood. Yeah, the mittens thing is almost unknown because vendors really push fingered gloves. Stay warm out there.

 
;