Monday, January 25, 2010

My New Running Conscience.....

Guilt is such an interesting motivator.

It's amazing what we can and will do when the right conditions arise.

Sunday was an unusually warm day for January in the high-five state but it was raining...

Now when I say warm, I'm talking high thirties and with rain it makes for an uncomfortable run.

So I conferred with my running team and we decided to postpone the run until June 23, 2010, which would have to be sunny and warm.

So while watching the rain pelt the den window I perused my Facebook friends and noticed a pattern of so many of them braving the elements to get in their morning run.

Talk about feeling like a slacker......

So I got my arse dressed and outside i went. Fortunately for me, the rain had stopped and the temps made it into the forties. As it always happens, I had a great run on a day when I didn't want to go out at all.

So thank you FB friends for being my new running conscience....

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Nothing like some motivation in the form of guilt!

Jess said...

Guilt is definitely a powerful motivator!

 
;