Monday, January 4, 2010

Not Again????

Okay, I've subscribed to Runner's World and Running Times for several years off and on. I try to be a good citizen of the Running community and ensure that these magazines continue to operate.



Normally, I leave the mags around the house so I can pick them up at my leisure and get my running motivation when needed.

The reasons I canceled my subscriptions in the past have been that the articles/commentary haven't held my attention.


  • New Year, New you
  • How to run in the Cold weather
  • How to run in the Hot weather
  • What foods are good to eat
  • What foods you should avoid
  • What Marathons are the best in the upcoming year
  • Fall show review
  • Spring shoe review
  • Stretches that do everything
  • Fabulous Abs/stronger core
  • Cross training for runners

Okay, I got htat off my chest. Now don't gbet me wrong, I'll continue to support them but all I'm saying is..............



NOT AGAIN!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Totally agree! Good for newbies...not so much for those of us that have been around the block a time or two.

kara said...

I subscribe to Running Times now. But I see most of the articles are also online.

Carly said...

I have a years worth that I haven't read. I enjoy a few of the features but a lot of it is the same old stuff

Jess said...

After 5 years, I just recently decided to not renew my subscription for the exact reasons you cite: Same 'ol stuff in every issue.

Megan L. Killian said...

haha... so true! You should write an article and submit it to Runner's World :-D

Mel-2nd Chances said...

In total agreement, I didn't renew mine for the same reason, and yes, as Megan said, you should write them!!

CoachLiz said...

Come on now Ken, you cannot tell me you did not enjoy that issue with Lolo Jones on the cover.

Yeah, there is usually one compelling article inside and then I find myself thumbing through the pages looking for more to catch my interest. I think that they need to get you to be a contributing writer.

Motownrunner said...

Maybe you can pitch a column of your own to get some zing, fresh air and humor into a stale publication!!

 
;