Monday, September 22, 2008

Going Cold Turkey

That's right, I'm detoxing my body from the meds and anti-inflammatory for a while.

I like to think that it helps my body ward off crap without science.

I started on Sunday and I was still feeling the effects of Saturday's run in my knees but a deal is a deal. Thank God for a rest day.

This morning's run was a different story. I was stiff in all the wrong places!!

I was feeling every step and thought it would never get better. Every now and then I loosened but it didn't last long. Needless to say. I was missing my drugs.

The lunchtime EXTREME class was going to be a real test. Not only would I hate have joint issues but I would have some muscle issues as well.

WOD - 4 rounds (20 each)

Barbell Cleans
Dive Bombers
Ball Slams
Walking Lunges with medicine ball overhead.

So, since I'm going sans drugs I'm using alcohol..............

6 comments:

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO! HAHAHAHAHA That will do ya right! Before you know it you'll have that Fuel Belt all decked out like a liquor cabinet :P

Christie said...

You're cracking me up. Sometimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do.

L*I*S*A said...

Nothing a shot of Jack Daniels can't cure. :)

Sonia said...

Have you replace Frank the Tank!! GO KEN GO!!! LOL

tfh said...

Way to detox. I've enjoyed replacing all my drugs with snake oil remedies, but I suspect alcohol works even better to dull the pain...

Jess said...

Alcohol definitley numbs the pain, or at least, it makes you not care about the pain.

 
;