Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wednesday's WTF????

Okay, I know that years have passed for me in terms of my running age!!! But that's another post.

I'm currently working in the same area where I had some fantastic runs, when I was much younger.....

Back then I remember timing traffic lights based on my running pace. It was a thing of beauty to see me running effortlessly to a light and not skip a beat.....

Okay, maybe that's only in my mind but that's how I'm going to remember it!

Now I find my brain bribing and promising all types of things to my legs in order to keep them moving. Those same traffic lights are now much deserved respites for the legs.

When did fire hydrants become points of interest for me?

If a sign is a different color it triggers my legs to ask for more rest......

Don't get me wrong, I am getting in better shape each day but I'm still trying to find that thirty-something runner that just kept going without even thinking about it.

As the title implies WTF??????????????

5 comments:

Jess said...

Great, thanks for giving me so much to look forward to ;)

Stacey said...

Just found your blog...
Crazy how much easier things seemed when we were younger...

James said...

Is it sad that at 33 I feel the same way about my high school days? Everything seemed so effortless compared to now. If things have degraded this bad for me in my 30's by my 50's I dread I'll be bed bound!

Marlene said...

I think you need to go back and read your last post, about running just for the joy of it!

Lily on the Road said...

Ken, what is the need for speed? At our age (yes, I know we are getting up there), we should just be happy we can still get out there and get it done.

Beats the alternative....nuff said, now, lets go for a BEvERage!!! LOL

 
;