Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Just Wait Five Minutes

There's a saying in Michigan that if you don't like the weather, just wait five minutes.

Today was that day for out lunchtime run. We went through the gambit of weather in a short 4 mile run. The run started with me regretting that I didn't have my sunglasses, but they had forecast rain the entire day.

How hard is it being a weatherperson, just say there's a chance of sunshine or partly cloudy, hey how about scatter rain?

Okay the sunshine didn't last and the winds started picking up, which is always a bad sign in the Spring.

Have you ever been out on a run and saw he rain clouds in the distance and actually saw rain? Well that was next on our plate, wind and rain. Now rain is no problem because you can put your head down and keep going, but what about hail?????

This was the first time in my twenty-five plus years of running that I've run in HAIL!!!!

Hail does a job on a person with no hair on their skull to protect them. I could have cried and no one would have known, since the hail was mixed in the rain. The other thing is that you instinctively start to run faster to get back to shelter. The faster you run, the harder the hail hit you, this is stupid. Oh, I'm sorry, this is Michigan.

Five minutes later as we made it back to work, the sun came back out.......

8 comments:

Unknown said...

sunglasses, what about a hard hat? that's crazy man.

Carly said...

dang that is hard core!!! Nice job getting out there in the crappy conditions.

Jess said...

Ack. I've never had to run through hail before!

Marlene said...

Dang, that is just cruel! I think that 5 minute rule could apply around here most of the time too...

Kim said...

Ouch! Think someone is telling you to take a break Mister?

Marcy said...

I guess now you need a helmet when you go out :P

o2bhiking said...

We had that exact same saying in Maine, and I have heard it several times in Virginia too. We have had similar days here this week. Looks hot and sunny for Nashville.

CoachLiz said...

OUCH! You are a trooper for that workout. Oh, wait five minutes I have to go get my running shoes...

Are your TNT peeps ready for The Country Music Marathon this weekend???

 
;