Friday, April 10, 2009

Ice, ice, baby!

I think that I'm going to finally break down and start taking these once and a while.

My legs are shot from running and perform all forms of squats with plates, kettlebells and anything else that the EXTREME class instructor can have us lift!

I was really struggling to have a nice easy run yesterday evening. It's bad when you start your workouts with tired legs and I still have miles to run this weekend!

So stay tuned to read if my body and the ice baths can coexist! I currently have a fabulous relationship with ice but that's just on one body part(knee).

My spring team will be running their 20/12 miler this weekend and the weather seems like it will cooperate. Hopefully everyone will come out of this with the confidence and strength to breeze through their events.

It's Opening Day here in Detroit, Go Tigers..........

5 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

had my first ice bath after my 30k two weeks ago... hard to get in, but I really think it helped me recover quicker! Good luck, hope your legs feel better!

Jess said...

I've neverbeen brve enough for ce baths, but best of luck to you with it!

Jess said...

Oh goodness, look at all those typos! I think something is wrong with my keyboard.

Marlene said...

Your legs will thanks you for the ice bath. I promise, it's worth it!

o2bhiking said...

Ice baths help, but I always watch the clock. 15 minutes, not a second more! Good luck.

 
;