Friday, January 23, 2009

I had a Nooner.......

How could I not go out and run at lunchtime today. We actually had temps over the freezing mark!

The sun made a cameo appearance, so I laced up my shoes and headed out.

We have a group of runners at work that think wearing shorts in these colder temps is macho but I'm too old for that type of $hit!

The downside is the snow melting and making some huge puddles to jump over but we were outside in the sun...

I also finally received my Toasty Toes and not a day too soon. Seems like we're headed for highs in the teens again. I'll be giving a review on hoe effective they were.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Guess I shouldn't complain about temps in the 40s :-)

Melanie said...

saw a runner in shorts today too... we also had spring like temps today, but the frigid cold is coming back! Enjoy the toasty toes!

Racn4acure said...

I can't do a noon run often because I carpool, but when I can I always pick nice weather and it is a treat! Enjoy those cold temps! Art

Marlene said...

Not *quite* warm enough for shorts in my book, but can't complain too much... except for the puddles and slush. (It's always something...)

Running Around Acres said...

nice to be able to get a nooner in every now and then. Please let us know how the Toasty Toes are? And if you really think they are worth it.

Jess said...

I know that's warm for you guys, but that's still chilly in my books!

Anne said...

I think I'd stick with tights too.

Sonia said...

You mean shorts without pants underneath it???? If yes, then you're totally I-N-S-A-N-E!!!!

 
;