Thursday, October 9, 2008

OMG


I can not believe the great run I had this morning. I've had three consecutive runs where things just clicked and nothing went wrong!

I should not be writing this so the Running gods will read it and change things for me, but I want the world to know... jk running gods

This morning was reminiscent of a marathon race day morning. The streets of downtown Detroit were void of most traffic and there was a slight chill in the air. The street lights illuminated the route, since the sun hadn't risen yet. I started slowly but gradually increased my pace until I found my rhythm. I knew it was going to be a good run and I was tempted to go further and faster but I didn't. I ofttimes tell my team, 'if you're feeling good, slow down', so I heeded my own advise and slowed down.

Maybe I had that 'runners high' thingy? Nah, those days are soooo long gone.

Probably just the remnants of last nights BEvERages??????????????????????

6 comments:

Kim said...

I LOVE those days! Makes the rest of your day that much better. Enjoy the glow.

tfh said...

Three in a row? Send me some of that!

Jess said...

That's great that you enjoyed such a nice run! Yay!

Runner Leana said...

Nice carbo loading for your great run!

I tagged you Ken - if you want to play along then check out my blog for the details!

Marci said...

You are breaking through!! Three strong runs is a great sign! Way to go!

Sonia said...

I think that is runner's high! Hiha! Happy feet! =)

 
;