Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday's Thoughts

I’ve noticed that quite a few individuals have gotten really reflective after their endurance events have ended. I wonder if any of you are going through the so-called ‘marathon blues’ that strike after the culmination of all the training and sacrifice that takes place.

Great Lakes Running Gal has found peace with herself and her running times, no longer dwelling on the need for speed.

RunnerGirl speaks of the enjoyment that she derives just from being a small part of the race magnitude.

I know that a lot of bloggers even have the word ‘marathon’ in their Blog titles, as if once their event is done the blog will be discarded like a pair of running shoes.

I know that I personally couldn’t wait for my second attempt at another marathon, thinking I had learned all of the lessons needed to succeed, silly me.

So as I always tell the Team in Training participants, I expect to see them continue their running and hopefully see them at several local events. I hope that each of you is finding the enjoyment that running can bring into your lives.

Going running after work and then indulge in a few BEvERages........

Peace Out

4 comments:

CoachLiz said...

For me, running is my escape. No phones, no television, no work, no dirty house, no laundry, and no responsibilities...at least for an hour or two.

Jess said...

Running is more than exercise; it's a way of life.

Kim said...

Exactly girls! I can't imagine not running.

Running just to run. Whether it be marathons, half marathons, 5K's...running is a huge part of my lifestyle.

Marlene said...

Funny you bring this up...after completing my first marathon recently I struggled with my blog title: "Mission to a Marathon" ... as you can see, it didn't take long to think about the next one. ;)

 
;