Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Better Living Through Science

Well I started to take my meds once again and to be honest, I feel great!

I had a great lunchtime run, even if it was a little slower than normal. I ran with a slower co-worker that's training for the 1/2 marathon in Detroit.

Running with my drugs got me to thinking about how far would we go to enhance our running abilities? I'm not talking about Ben Johnson and Olympic shame, but what if you could achieve the BQ time or set an unbelievable PR?

Would you take a drug that made your aches and pains go away or cut the recovery time in half? Now you would still need to train like a MoFo but the drug would help make you a little stronger, faster...... It would only be for a short period of time also (sure that's what they all say).

4 comments:

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Need more info.

Side effects, FDA approved, banned substance?

Unknown said...

My sister has a good quote, "If mama ain't medicated, ain't nobody happy."

I'm all for helping aches and pains, but yeah, side effects would have to be non-exisistent. Would I train more or harder? Only if it was an anti-lazy pill.

Kim said...

Hmmm...I take Recoverite (from Hammer Nutrition) to help speed up recovery. And I've certainly been known to pop some pain relievers while running a marathon.

Don't know anyone that has pills to make me run faster. It would have to be legal though. "I'm a safety girl," (from Pretty Woman).

Sonia said...

You junkie you Ken! ;-)


J/K


I would definitely take the miracle pill once in a while... but I would need to be training for that LOL Stupid foot

 
;