Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend Recap from the Slug

I ran, I consumed BEvERages, I slept.

This was a lazy, do nothing weekend. I did get a chance to go through my winter running stuff, so bring on the freezing temps......

We had the inaugural Brooksie 1/2 marathon and 5k races. I went out to support Sandy and cheer. I was amazed at the number of TNT alumni that I saw. It's truly a pleasure to see so many of them continuing their running odyssey. Some people have told me that my voice carries a little further than the norm. If you've been to a race as a spectator, the runners start to look alike, so I try to keep yelling, so I'll be seen.

If you're in taper mode out there in Blogland, enjoy it.....

6 comments:

Sonia said...

Good week-end!

Marci said...

I refuse to even think about freezing cold weather gear yet! I am just enjoying comfortable running weather for a change. Glad you had a relaxing weekend!

Marlene said...

I'm with Marci!!!
Hubby yanked out the box of winter gear, but I'm tougher than he is I guess. :p

Kim said...

Lazy is good sometimes. And cold...uggg...NOT looking forward to that.

Lily on the Road said...

I had a very similar weekend! Right down to pulling out the cold weather gear...minus the BEvERages...I'm on the wagon, well sort of, not AA but self imposed.

Marcy said...

I would love it if you yelled at my during a marathon LMAO!

 
;