Thursday, August 14, 2008

I heart Running................sometimes

I should have known better than to run this morning. I was tired and a little achy but I though the Running gods would make that go away once I started running.

I’m not sure if my Garmin Forerunner 301(real old version) is on its last legs or not. I go from 13 hours of battery charge to zero in one workout. This morning my heart rate stayed in the 200 range, even in my warm-up! My Ipod charger isn’t charging the unit, so I would have to run sans music. Now if I had been paying attention to all of these signs, I would have stayed inside and rested but nooooooooooooo, I have to be a real runner.

My morning run sucked! The Garmin kept telling me my heart-rate was too high and then it would beep and tell me to speed up! It became a distracting cycle of too high, speed up......

So maybe this is my excuse to go take out a loan and purchase the Garmin 400000001 with the built in defibrillator, internet access and Blu-ray player. Then I’ll have to replace my Ipod shuffle with the Ipod Touch with all the bells and whistles.

Ah yes, the good old days when running was just going out the door.................

6 comments:

tfh said...

Haha. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that there was a time when I used to run without a WATCH. Crazy.

Sonia said...

omg you made me laugh so loud!!

you know that the new 405 only have a 8h battery... that wouldn't be good for you with all those ultras you are plannin on running lol

P.O.M. said...

Yeah, the Running Gods Must Be Crazy.
ha ha.

Christie said...

Sorry you had a crappy run. But yeah, you cracked me up!!

Lily on the Road said...

CRACK ME UP!!

My 301 is misbehaving too!

L*I*S*A said...

Yep, I want the Garmin Pacemaker that comes bundled with something to get my heart rate exactly where it should be. :)

 
;