Thursday, January 20, 2011

Three Things Thursday...........

Boy, I miss a few days in Blogland and you guys are posting like crazy!!!!!

1) My son was in town from Los Angles and we got together with the kids for dinner and drinks. Don't ask me how it happened but my kids hate beer! Can you believe that? I know they aren't adopted but how could that be? They both prefer different drinks like bourbon and vodka, Ewwwwwwww.

2) I've been using the treadmill the last few days because the roads are icy and treacherous around work and home. I need to find a way to get pass my thirty minute mental barrier! I go crazy staring out the window or looking at other people on machines. Even ESPN can't help...

3) We had a TNT Nutrition clinic and I'm amazed at the amount of supplements that people take. I will take a multi-vitamin to make up for bad days. What type of magic bullet do you take on a regular basis to keep your well tuned body going?

9 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

1. Yay for family time!!!

2. I don't know how you do it! I am putting off the dreadmill as long as humanly possible. I've been trudging through ungodly terrain just to avoid it!

3. I take a whole slew of things; multi-vitamin, glucosamine, lysine, iron and vitamin d. I've actually noticed a huge difference in my general health and recovery since I started taking more than just the daily.

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

I hate beer, too. Well, I enjoy it with tomato juice, but not plain.

Joanna said...

So, this is one of my favorite rants--supplements. My mother, no joke, takes: fish oil capsules, cranberry extract, Centrum Silver, calcium tablets, and about 6 other things. I keep sending her articles about how ineffective and even dangerous this can be, but she just won't hear me! I don't even take a daily vitamin. Although, my doctor just told me to start taking Vitamin D...

Tricia said...

hate beer? thats just crazy talk

B.o.B. said...

1. I love the beer. Tell you kids hi from me.

2. Move to Florida!

3. No vitamins for me. Heard they were all a big fat lie!

Jess said...

B/c I'm preggo, I take a pre-natal vitamin as well as an omega 3, but otherwise, I don't usually take anything. From what I've read, they really just make for expensive urine!

Anonymous said...

haha! first of all, when i was reading this (on my phone) i just saw "three things thursday" and immediately thought it was MCM mama... she has small kids. so when i saw you talking about them not liking beer (as we all know her and her hubby, beergeek do) i was like "omg!!! what's going on here!!??". then i looked up and saw it was you. hahahahaha!

ok, secondly. i can't remember to take vitamins, so i take an "emergenC" every day. i mix it up in about 4-6 oz of OJ then down it. mmmm fizzly mixed-berry deliciousness to get my day started.
i also started taking fish oil due to my near-stress-fracture. but it's easy to remember to take it with my fizzy OJ.

Run Jess Run said...

1. They hate beer? That's un-American!

2. I will be doing a majority of my half training on the 'mill. I'm a sucker for monotony.

3. I take a multi-vitamin most days...sometimes I forget.

Anonymous said...

I've been hitting my treadmill a lot too. I'm actually learning to enjoy it. I teaches me to hold my pace. I do not take any supplements at all. I did though in the past, lots of them. I'm learning to eat better and spend time outside more.

 
;