Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend Recap

Since I’m not training for a marathon or Ironman, I’m not obligated to run a thousands miles over the weekend. Saturday I had a leisurely run trough my favorite Metro Park with a couple of TNT alumni. It’s remarkable how pleasurable a run can be when you don’t have to look at a schedule to determine your mileage.
Sunday was the inaugural Running for Water 5k and I volunteered to help out in any capacity. It was a perfect weather for a race. There were over one hundred runners/walkers, which is great for a first race. I was a human delimiter on the course and even handed out food at the post-race celebration. The remainder of the day was television watching and consuming BEvERages. It’s remarkable what a day off will do for an old body.

7 comments:

Libbie said...

I hope you got that nap in, at least!

Jess said...

It is nice to run without a rigid schedule; however, a schedule is what helps me get out there on the weekend!

Lily on the Road said...

Right on and well deserved. Glad you're taking some downtime...

:^)

Sonia said...

It's great to take away the pressure sometimes of having to run X miles in Y time... enjoy it while it last! I often feel very lost without a target race or schedule!!

L*I*S*A said...

Can't beat BEvERages. :)

Kim said...

Yes-it's good to have some down time. Glad you had a great weekend. Enjoy your week!

tfh said...

If you volunteer at a race, you definitely deserve to celebrate like a racer-- couch + BEvERages (hehe) sounds about right!

 
;