Friday, November 19, 2010

Let's Get this Party Started..........

Last night we had our 2011 Spring Kick-Off and you can see from all the smiling faces that they don't know what they gotten into!

The speaker was a young college athlete that was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma over a year ago. He was truly touched and inspired by the efforts of the team. I saw a few participants get teary eyed.

Notice all of the women? Why is so tough to get guys to do Team in Training, other than fund-raising and training? Never mind, I answered my own question.....


Well here are my only male runners. They're both just kids!

On a more serious note, I made the mistake of stepping on a scale this morning! No, I wasn't hurt physically but it did display some disturbing numbers......

I've come to the conclusion that my work cloths are too heavy! I need to somehow start wearing lighter clothing.....

It's not even winter yet and I'm gaining weight, WTF! So now i have to get back on the food journal and watch what I put in my mouth......

Have a great weekend out there

Be classy Blogland!

5 comments:

Marlene said...

YOU may not have been hurt physically, but how is the scale doing? It's not his fault!

Thanks for sticking up for me over at "Worth a Tri"... that girl is in for a beating! hahaha

Joanna said...

Oh wow, your Team is BIG! My chapter was very small compared to that. Like...we would have maybe 6 people fundraising per season. Once I know a few more people here, I might join. I miss the Team!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

LOL!! The scale and I are parting ways for now, We just cant decide on a good number..

Crazy the Low number of guys... Good luck coach!!

Anonymous said...

I love a love/hate relationship with my scale. Wait...I meant...ick/hate relationship. Yeah, that's more accurate.

Big get together there! How long have you been coaching?

Anne said...

I never noticed the lack of men in TNT. Hmmmmm. With you as a mentor, they should be arriving in droves.

And I love the look of the solstice race. It's a winner.

 
;