Friday, March 14, 2008

WTF?

This sucks! We get two consecutive days of decent weather and my knee starts to bother me to the point where I didn’t want to risk running on it.
Okay no problem I’ll just go back to the gym and do some strength training. Well my head is so f#%ked up from the not running that I can’t concentrate on lifting. Now it’s one thing to schedule a rest day and enjoy going to lunch and using ‘real’ utensils, as opposed to sitting at my desk with finger foods. But to be forced to do nothing really sucks!
This is only going to lead to consuming a few more beers tonight to wash my sorrow away!
I’ll get in some additional miles with the TNT group tomorrow morning, at least that’s the plan!

5 comments:

Sonia said...

now this really sucks!! Hope your knee is not allergic to the sun :S

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE WEATHER!! Can't wait for my long run tomorrow! Please let this be an indication that spring is here.

Iron Jayhawk said...

Ooooh...how very frustrating.

Stick it the rest...the team needs you in top shape for support in Nashville and Vancouver!

Anonymous said...

I saw on the news that a bar in detroit is singing 50 straight hours of danny boy...you going for st paddy's day?

CoachLiz said...

Bummer!

I have had those phases and they suck. I'm not sure if beer is the answer, but Patron might do the trick.

Nashville is right around the corner isn't it? Stay healthy...

Marie F said...

Wow- I'm a TNT runner who just found your blog online after a winter full of running complaints here in Boston- and our weather was GREAT compared to yours. Congratulations to all your work and GO TNT! -Marie

 
;