Thursday, March 13, 2008

Stop, I Can't Breath


I don’t know if I should be taken in by this break in the winter weather but I’m a lot more gullible in hopes that spring has finally sprung.
I had another opportunity to do my top-secret training in shorts, but it was difficult getting started. I can remember back when I was running injury-free and always looked forward to my training runs, regardless of the distance. Now some days are like pulling teeth to get out.
I did some impromptu interval work today. I’m still having difficulty telling my legs that my body is out of shape. So I was running faster than I really wanted to and inevitably not able to sustain the pace. I’d slow down and catch my breath then those damn legs would begin to go faster. So it wasn’t officially interval work but it felt like it.
The weather gurus are predicting another 50º day for tomorrow, so that means I’ll be back out in the streets of Detroit huffing and puffing.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

50's?!?! Dang we're still hovering in the 40's *sigh* At least most of the snow is melted . . .

 
;