Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Streak in On

My first day of Ken’s Homemade physical therapy went well.

I only started doing leg exercises after my ex-physical therapist reamed me out for not doing anything to strengthen my knee! How was I supposed to know?

Okay, a few leg extensions and some squats and my all-time favorite ‘walking lunges’!

Having gone through therapy a few times, I know the routine somewhat.
We do lower weights, higher repetitions.

I was going to attempt to run on the dreadmill but everyone seemed to think it wasn’t a good idea. But did that stop me? Nooooooooooooooooo

I planned on running for a ¼ of a mile and then call it a day. Everything seemed okay, except I kept waiting for something to happen.

Mind you, I didn’t expect for my leg to fall off but I was really conscious of my knee. Every time it struck the ground I waited. I completed my run with a little sensation in my knee but nothing I couldn’t walk away from I proceeded to ice it as if I had run a race thinking about the chances of running two consecutive days.

That’s right, two days of running in a row. I’ll probably stick to the ¼ mile but it will still be a streak!

3 comments:

Runner Leana said...

Hey, you are running - that's awesome! I'd start out cautious too. My first few runs post stress fracture recovery I thought so much about my ankle when I ran, then I'd go home and inspect for instantaneous swelling. Luckily it didn't happen and I was probably more paranoid than anything else. Anyhow...keep up the great work Coach Ken!

TNTcoach Ken said...

We won’t call it running just yet, but it was forward motion.

Jenniferlyn said...

The only motion that counts... is FORWRD motion. ;) At least you are going in the right direction!! And that my friend is all that matters!

 
;