Monday, January 31, 2011

Nothing Honey................

Outside of running with the team this weekend, I did absolutely nothing and loved it!

Since I have participants that work on Saturdays, I've been meeting them on Sunday to help them get in their miles.

It helps to keep them motivated and ensure that they're getting in proper fluids and nutrients. So with the help of Sandy, the marathoners did 14 miles and the newbies did three.

So back to back team training days takes it out of this old coach, so a nap was on the horizon.

Why is it that when I want to take a nap and have the opportunity I get a second wind? I even turned on the PGA golf tournament and could close my eyes!

We're getting braced for a possible foot of snow this week, which will mean school closings and terrible road conditions. This also probably means running on the moving belt! ARGHHHHHHHHHH

Last day of January and I'm sure everyone is tallying up their mileage to recap the month. How many more days until Summer?????

Stay thirsty my friends.........

7 comments:

Marlene said...

Sooo not happy about the impending doom... I mean, snow storm! I mat need to put in a solid day on the couch... I mean, treadmill.

Joanna said...

I had to open my big fat mouth about being able to run outside this week, didn't I?!? We're bracing for ice and then snow. My entire company has been shut down for the rest of today. So...back to the 'mill. Be strong. Spring has to come eventually!

Jess said...

Ummm, so I shouldn't mention 70s and sunny here in FL, huh?

Run Jess Run said...

I think I might live in the only area in Michigan that isn't going to get hit with the snowstorm. Not fair!

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

Ok, I've heard it all. YOU will be on a treadmill this week! Haha! I hate it too but with the amount of snow we are going to get, running outside is not an option!

Anonymous said...

Ken this week it's FLIPPING freezing! But I have to say I'm becoming friends with the mill..

Lindsay said...

Excuses excuses.

Even golf couldn't put you to sleep?!? You may need to see a doctor.

 
;