Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday's What?????

We had team building outing at a local indoor Go-Kart establishment. This place not only has the karts but they sell alcohol,. Sounds like a good combination, right?

Well being the team layer that I am, I rearranged my busy schedule to attend(isn't that what Tivo is for)....

Just like so many things in life one size does not fit all. I tried sitting in one of the karts and immediately knew that it wasn't my size! I could just imagine my knees taking a beating.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm my knees are bad enough without being banged in a go-kart.

I took a verbal beating from my co-workers about not getting in the kart, but stuck to my guns.

It did look like a lot of fun, while I cried in my BEvERage......

What activity have you given up knowing that it would impact your running or ability to run?????

6 comments:

Marlene said...

After my little ski incident a couple years ago and taking a softball to the ankle, I have pretty much given up ALL other activities... unless I wrap myself in bubble wrap first!!

Run Jess Run said...

My dad gets motion sickness in go karts.

Anonymous said...

Drinking and go-karting...ha ha!
Sounds like you made quite the sacrifice for your running there. I can't recalling giving up activities, but I have refrained from certain foods and drinks I REALLY wanted because of a run the next day. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

hmm can't say I have given up anything. But I'm not the fastest runner either

Anne said...

I'm sorry you got ribbed for not playing along, but you tried, Ken, you tried. Only activity I had to give up to run is sleep!

Anonymous said...

where's the pineapple pic from? is it copyright?

 
;