Monday, May 10, 2010

Twenty Miler my Arse..................

We had our 20 mile training run for the team on Saturday and the weather conditions SUCKED!

I told the team if I didn't have to be out there, I might have stayed home in bed. It was cold and windy (again). I know that we had a mild winter up here in the high-five state but this wind is kicking our booties.........

The team stayed together for most of the first half, just to keep the pace conservative and have something left for the second half! I can't believe that they actually listened to me about this.

I can honestly say that this team would have done great if their events would have been on Saturday. There are a lot of times when some of them have some sort of issue on the 20 miler but not this time.

I'm knocking on wood that they don't go out and do something stupid, like try another twenty!!!!

As for me, I have got to find a race to run. My weekends will be free in another couple of weeks and I want to race!


4 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Sounds like a well-coached team if you ask me! :) Ugh.... the WIND!! Good luck finding a race!

Marlene said...

Crazy weather this weekend. Good weekend to be tapering. ;)

Glad to hear that your team did a great job on the 20 nonetheless!

Joanna said...

Tell me about it--I need to find some races too! Other than a 5 mile trail run, I'm not scheduled to race again until October. I can't wait that long!!

Jess said...

Sorry that the weather sucked!

 
;