Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Just Add Alcohol


I am at a lost on what is happening with my knee. I take a few days off and medicate myself with alcohol and the pain has gone away!
I belong to the Motown –Ann Arbor Hash House Harriers and we celebrated our 1000th hash this weekend. I wasn’t able to make it to the hash because of TNT training but Sandy and I made it to the on-after (party)! If you’re familiar with hashing, you’ll understand why I indulged in so much alcohol. If not, we’re a drinking club with a running problem.
This made for a very forgetful Sunday afternoon run! I felt like I was going to lose my breakfast almost the entire run, but I made it.
I can remember in my youth when I recovered the next day after a long night of drinking, now it takes a couple of days to get back to feeling normal.

Fast forward to Tuesday……

Monday was a wasted day, I couldn’t even concentrate to do my strength training….
Now we had our Tuesday evening running club’s 25th year anniversary celebration, and you know this meant more drinking!!!!!!!!!
At least this time there was some running before the drinking started. But I still woke up vowing to never do that again……….

Famous last word.

2 comments:

Sonia said...

I knew lack of blogging didn't mean lack of drinking! Keep it up, you're a true hasher!! lol

I'm glad the knee is better.

CoachLiz said...

I have a lot of drinkers with running and triathlon habits in my training group.

My husband calls one of my friends BOOZEHOUND.

I like a Tom Collins and a shot of tequila but with all my training, I am too disciplined to indulge too often.

 
;