Wednesday, April 16, 2008

171 Years and Running

That was the combined age of my lunch running group, the three amigos! The pace was a lot slower than I normally run but the conversation was remarkable. We were talking about consecutive marathon streaks, sub-forty 10ks, and even when race entry fees were under $10 (with the shirt).
Being the youngster of the group I let the other two gentlemen set the pace and decide the course. It did make me think about how my current running has been going and what the years ahead will bring. I’ve already noticed that I’m running slower than I ever have, but I can live with that.
We then began talking about other runners that had fallen off the face of the earth and no longer heard from. I definitely know quite a few of these individuals that no longer come around any of the races or common training sites.
Maybe I’ll be like that 101 year old Brit that ran the London Marathon.

0 comments:

 
;