Sunday, April 13, 2008

I Surrender

Well Mother Nature is back to being as unpredictable as the Detroit Tigers. We were graced with a morning snow squall. Even though I’ve run in snow and it’s better than being in the rain, enough already! I am mentally ready for some sunshine and 60º temperatures. I ran out a ½ mile and decided I wasn’t having any fun, so I turned around and went back home. This winter has beaten me down, I surrender. I’m throwing in the towel……..
So it was down to the basement to get on the trainer and sweat to Coach Troy. I’m really trying to incorporate the bike into a lot more of my training and it’s almost fun.
I was wondering if any of you are athletes in Blogland are competitive in other areas of your life? I rode my mountain bike to get a set of batteries for my latest toy (Trek Incite ACH Digital computer) that is pissing me off. Why am I racing to get from point A to point B? This should be a nice leisurely ride with no time constraints and I still find myself pushing. Do you take the steps two at a time, just because you can?

1 comments:

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

I feel for you Ken. You have had more than your share of snow up there.

 
;