Saturday, April 12, 2008

Forget About it!


No matter how many years you run, there are still things that you forget.
There was a small break in the weather yesterday where the sun came out and the temperature was in the fifties. This was a perfect time for me to go and enjoy a lunchtime run. You know get away from the desk and soak up the rays.
Since the weather has been so crappy here in the high five state, I’ve kept a lot of my winter stuff in my bag just in case I need it. I’ve gone as far as ensuring that I have duplicates of running stuff (i.e. socks, hats, long pants). So my bag is pretty stuffed and somewhat heavy to lug around.
You would think with all of this preparation there is no way I could forget one item that makes running comfortable for me and weighs about 2 ounces.
I’m missing athletic supporter! I can’t run without that, it hurts too much! Ladies that would be like you running without your high tech support top.
I remember when I began running a thousand years ago and wasn’t aware of the physical benefits of using a support device. It became apparent pretty quick that those running shorts liner weren’t enough for me.
So as the old American Express commercial said, ‘don’t leave home without it’.
Thing number two that old runners shouldn’t forget. Today we had a steady rain that didn’t hamper the run but accumulated on your clothing. Now each of you should be aware of the benefits of using Body Glide or some similar product on the areas of your body that sometimes rub! Rain on clothing is a lot like sweat when you’re running. It makes your clothing pretty abrasive in certain areas. My area is my massive tree trunk thighs (it’s my blog so I can describe them anyway I like). Now I’m walking around like a cowboy.
So the lesson for this weekend are, pack smart and Body Glide isn’t just for summer!

2 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

First time visiting and I love your blog and your running attitude! Yikes, I figured all men would always have about a half dozen "supports" hanging about somewhere....LMAO...

Good Luck with your upcoming races...

:D

CoachLiz said...

OMG! I did not mean to laugh, but I could not help myself. I'm sure that you will never forget to pack that in your bag ever again!

 
;