Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Seemed Like a Good Idea.............

Temps in the high eighties and the humidity about the same, so why not go to the group speedwork session????

I can honestly say this is one of the times when guys take off their shirts and no on cares. Women run in as least as possible and no one notices. It just get this shit over with!!!!!

Tonight we were doing 1km repeats, which I hate because it's metric! Just kidding..........

Every time I passed the 1/2 mile mark, I cursed the metric system........

This is also the time of year when they have a tone of high school kids out there, which sucks, because we old guys have to show them what we can do.................. I know it's a guy thang!

So it was a good evening to see a bunch of old friends and sweat out some BEvERages.

Now how do I replenish????????????

Peace

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Summer running isn't fun. I'm already ready for fall, and today is only the first real day of summer. Ugggh

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

I was out at Stoney last night riding the bike. It. was. hot!

Laura said...

Our group gets to do speed work....in August. It should be nice and cool then right??

Still Running said...

Trying to show teenagers you're not old and decrepit is 1. a guy AND gal thang and 2. probably a waste of time!

lvt4cats said...

That is why I do speedwork in the early AM in the summer or take it indoors to the treadmill. Speedwork in those conditions can't be worthwhile and seems like it could be downright dangerous. No thanks!

 
;