Saturday, June 18, 2011

Runners Lie..............

That right, all you runners out there lie!

Today I was invited to join some of my former co-workers run the trails at Stony Creek. Now these guys are kicking ass and taking names with their training, but a couple of them were hurting a little with injuries.

So I took this as an opportunity to hang with the big dogs, since they were hurt!!!!

LIARS, pants on fire..............

They got me out there and I was sweating after the first 100 yards.....

We had a great time, talking and questioning how the hills kept coming. It was refreshing to be running with them again.....

So they lied, or at least weren't hurt as bad as they said. What lies have you told?????

We all know about these lies:

  • You're almost there, just around the corner
  • This is the last hill
  • You're looking good
Peace............

4 comments:

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

Haha. It was pretty warm out there today. It was nice seeing you!

Marlene said...

You should have known better!

Meg said...

When people tell me "You're almost there!" I always slow down. I know they're lying. Jerks.

Anonymous said...

Oy! I give you props for taking that run on with the "injured" runners. I'm not that brave! :)

 
;