Saturday, January 8, 2011

Time for a Quiz...........

You remember those pop quizzes in school, well we had one today at our Team in Training group training run.

We've been training for two months and today was a chance for them to show me what they've learned. Normally, we start out as a group for the first mile to warm-up and converse about everything under the sun. Today, I told them to just run.

I dashed off with my normal blazing speed to see if any of them would follow or would they start off slow and gradually speed up. Well, there's always that one student...... Needless to say, she knew that she was going too fast but as we all say, 'I was feeling good'.........

Did I mention that it was 14º with a windchill in single digits?

Have you ever been on a run where it actually got colder the longer you ran?

Oh, back to the quiz.

I'm constantly telling them that gravity is your friend on a decline, I love hills. So we should never try to brake ourselves but let gravity do the work. Did they brake on the declines, YES...........

Do they attack the inclines...........NO....

Did I mention it was effin freezing???

Okay, I'm starting to thaw...

My grade for the team on their quiz is a B-, we need to work on a few more things..

Don't you love training?

3 comments:

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

Do I love training...uh....No. Do I know it's necessary because I love racing....YES! Thanks for the correction on the temps today. I guess the last couple weeks I have been off about 10 degrees. I was thinking I needed more on at 15 degrees but I guess only if it gets down into the single digits.

Sherri said...

I actually love racing more than training...but training is always great when its over!

Anonymous said...

I do, I do, I do love training!! It's the race that messes with my head.

 
;