Monday, December 6, 2010

Where Did it Go????????????

I'm referring to the weekend! This is the first weekend in a million years that I didn't get a run in.....

I made t to the dentist Saturday morning and discovered it was an gum infection that had slowed me down. I did however take your advice and had a few cocktails to ease the pain.....

I missed my first ever TNT group training in over six years on Saturday due to the infection!

Since I was on the gum infection diet, I didn't have the energy to get in a run once I started feeling better.

Sunday was our annual Team in Training Coach's Retreat in Lansing on the campus of Michigan State University. I love seeing all the other coaches and comparing notes and exchanging ideas, even if it takes an entire Sunday.

So there was no running for me........

I also received more bad news. A member of our Tuesday running club finally ended his fight with cancer and passed on Friday. This gentlemen had participated in every Detroit Free Press Marathon since it's inception. He was the patriarch of our club, Ralph Judd will truly be missed....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gum infection?? Feel better!

Unknown said...

Did they give you antibiotics? Are your gums feeling better? Get well soon!

Marlene said...

I'm still looking for my weekend... let me know if you come across it.

Sorry to hear about Ralph.

B.o.B. said...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

Jen Feeny said...

So sad to hear the loss of a local legend.

Feel better and get out there, the streets are calling you!

 
;