Friday, December 17, 2010

TGIF Tagging

I was tagged by LilMeg to answer a few questions about the year 2010.

What are you most proud of accomplishing in 2010?

I'm going to deviate a little and tell you what I am so proud of others close to me accomplished this year.
  1. My son completing his first marathon and being able to be there and run(really slow) the last 10k with him. After all the years of ridicule for my running, to actually see him take part in the sport was wonderful.

  2. Being there to support Sandy on the completion of her first (and probably only) 50 Mile Trail race! As much as I love running, this is the extreme. Knowing that I was a part of it for her made it that much more special.


3. To be able to run every month of the year! After the last few years, this was major accomplishment for me!

What are your running goals for 2011?


To stay injury free and enjoy every run that I have. I don't want to get caught up in time or distance but just enjoy the ride. I would like to have some post some good race times, but that's just between you and me.

What was your favorite race?

The Great Lakes Relay by far! I got a chance to run with co-workers and meet so many new running friends. Like my twin(Mike) in the photo. How could running 275 miles in three days with a group of smelly guys not be fun?



Even though I say I will never do this race again, it has a very special place in my heart.

What is your Holiday guilty pleasure?

Sweet potato pie! Who knew that one slice contain over 300 calories? So a whole pie would be at least..............., oh never mind................

What is your most embarrassing running moment?

This is an easy one, just insert poop story. I actually went in the middle of an elementary school playground. It was early in the morning and no children were harmed in the making of it! HA, I still imagine the first kid to come across it. Ewwwwwwwwwwww

Okay, I'm not going to tag anyone since it's Friday....

Have a great weekend and remember, 'only you can stop forest fires'.............

6 comments:

Marlene said...

Not going to tag anyone since it's Friday? What kind of reason is that? You're just lazy. (Just Kidding!)

Wishing you great things in 2011!

Anonymous said...

I don't really have a proud accomplishment for 2010. It was a running disaster. 2011 I'm hoping to BQ.. I don't have a favorite race yet hoping to find that in 2011. I don't remember all the questions you asked!!!

Kim said...

woohohho shirtless fridays!!!!! hahahah! how cute is your son?!

Joanna said...

I thought of you today as I hopped on the dreadmill for the first time this season. It felt so strange not to be wearing a hat, long pants, a jacket, etc. It made me think of your last post.

Love this post, too, btw! So cool to get to see someone proud of the accomplishments of their loved ones.

Anne said...

You must be so proud of your son. He looks very proud to be wearing that medal.

And, when I first read your most embarrassing moment, I though you used a restroom. Now I'm not so sure. Please clarify if you did use proper facilities. And stay mum if you didn't.

Lindsay said...

oh wow. a school playground? at least go off on the side dude. sheesh. i've gone on school-property before but i try to go off to the side/towards the woods.

 
;