Sunday, November 4, 2007

No No No

No knee pain, no speed, no sweat.

I’m running but it isn’t pretty. I went to the school track and ran my circles. I was lucky to stay ahead of the senior citizen walkers. I wore my heart rate monitor to see just how bad of shape I’m in.

Can you believe that another runner dies while running a marathon? I also read the Sports Illustrated article about Alberto Salazar having his heart attack. I’m the type that reads something like that and starts to get chest pains. Now I have to make it a point to run with my Road-ID attached to my shoe, someone has to identify the body.

Congratulations to Brian Sell on making the U.S. Olympic team for the marathon. It didn’t look as though he was having fun the last portion of the race.

Also how can Paula Radcliffe win the NYC marathon after giving birth to a baby and I’m struggling after my time off? I hate those elite athletes!

The plan for this week is to see if my body can handle consecutive days of running. Remember, I’m only doing a couple of miles each day.

The Green Bay Packers win another game to stay in first place ahead of those surging Detroit Lions. What in the world is going on?

3 comments:

Sonia said...

What a smoking time she got just after giving birth in January!!! She's amazing! =)

I am still in shock after Shay's death... I really wonder what happen, its not like the Chicago guy who had a heart condition, I mean this guy is elite material for sure he was tested for stuff like that... Anyway hopefully the autopsy will reveal what caused this...

Have you read of that article: http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2007/11/03/marathon/

1 word: ASS!

Have a good week Ken

Pat said...

I'll take my chances with being in better shape. I think I have a greater chance of having a heart attack sitting on the couch.

take your time with the running and knee. before you know it, you'll be back to your old self.

Runner Leana said...

Ken, sounds like you are doing well getting back out there even if it wasn't pretty. Good luck getting consecutive days in!

 
;