Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I've Been Tagged

Thanks to Runner Gal Leana, I’ve been tagged and now I have to come up with five random/weird facts about myself. I could probably come up with a few more but rules are rules, so here are my Top Five Random facts:

I competed in a ‘Beer Case Race’, where you see who can finish a case of beer in the shortest amount of time. This may not sound strange to do in your twenties but I competed as a Grand Master a few years ago and was in first places for a brief time (after 16 beers). I didn’t complete the race due to my inability to stand up.
I didn’t learn how to ride a bike until I was eighteen years old. I never had a need to ride anywhere that wasn’t walking distance. Bikes weren’t seen as ‘cool’ in the neighborhood. This is probably why I still have that fear of my first real fall off the bike!
My second toe goes over the big toe, giving the appearance of my toes looking like you’re crossing your fingers. It’s not something that will get me on David Letterman but it’s good knowing I have something crossed at all times.
I remember black and white television, the opening episode of Gilligan’s Island (it was pre-empted by a speech from then Governor Romney) and growing up with one telephone for the entire house.
In my twenties, I followed a young lady out to California for a two week vacation without a place to stay. Kind of spur of the moment thing or maybe just a summer fling! It wasn’t one of those hitchhiking trips but a plane ride and bus to nowhere. Fortunately, she did have an apartment with a couch.

Okay, let's get down to business, here are The Rules:
Link to your tagger, and post these rules on your blog.
Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
Tag 5 people at the end of your post by their names and links to their blogs.
Let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog.

Now the next step is for me to tag five fellow bloggers and list their names and links:

Sonia – Solo Running Chick
Bob – Running Part Deux
Al – On Eagles WIngs
Geology Diva (Who is toooo busy for this)
MotownRunnerGirl – (I think she’s done this before)

3 comments:

Sonia said...

yay! I'm tagged! =)

So beer contest eh? Sounds crazy but you made a nice showing! lol

NB said...

Thanks for the encouragement TNT. I lived in Detroit for 8 years, no way could I have even thought of trying to run in that white stuff,I am feeling cold just imagining the temps there at this time of the year.Good for you guys!

Runner Leana said...

I have to admit it - I love these tag posts. It is really interesting to read all these fascinating facts about people.

I am a big believer in crossing fingers. At a hockey game I have both fingers crossed, along with my arms, ankles, you name it. Yeah...no...I swear I'm not superstitious. So lucky you that you always have your toes crossed!

 
;