Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Pity Party Time




Everyone keeps telling me that my conditioning will return, but when?

I want to run like the wind…………

The one thing that distance running does, is instill some patience into you. I need to find my patience and just remember to put one foot in front of the other. I appreciate running more now since I wasn’t able to do it for an extended period of time.

I think running with the Downtown Runners made me want to go faster, since everyone was dashing pass me at light-speed.

I wanted to register for the ‘Big Bird’ run but why? I can’t sustain a pace for any period of time for s*it.

If you can’t tell already, I’m having a Pity Party (Thanks Solo Running Chick), it must be contagious!

I think that I’ll be on the sidelines once again cheering and supporting the runners that I know.

I am surprised that people come up to me and tell me how appreciative they were to see me cheering and yelling for them at an event. Don’t they realize that I have a cooler full of beer next to me?

I just found out that I’ll be on the course of the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot, so I’m hoping for warm weather. This race has been growing in participation over the past few years, so the need for more volunteers is really becoming apparent. The course is a semi out-and-back, with a few streets in need of human delimiters, which will be my job.

I’m so important!

Okay, the party is over and I’ll get my butt back on track.

3 comments:

Pat said...

I was hoping for cooler weather at the turkey trot. but hey, I live in arizona.

Sonia said...

I totally understand your frustrations! I didn't mean to bring you down though lol

Volunteering to races you'Re not running is a great gift. I wish I had a car, I could come over for the Turkey Trot!! Keep you company on the sideline while others are running.... GRR!!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Pat, Thanks for rubbing it in.

 
;