Thursday, November 17, 2011

Three Thang Thursday

1) TNT Kick-off tonight! I get to see all of the participants for the Spring 2012 season. Sandy is actually on the Tri team and will be training as a participant for the first time!

2) I ran in the dark the other evening and forgot how much different it is! Not only was my sight limited due to darkness, I was stupid enough to have my iPod with me. I couldn't see or hear. What if Dexter was looming in the darkness waiting for me? I had forgotten how much I depend on seeing the ground and having my foot strike accordingly.

3) I have to paint the mile markers for our local Turkey Trot this weekend. Now I hope each of you appreciates the little things about races that most of us take for granted. In the olden days(before Garmin) runners would actually had to see a mile marker to click the lap button on their watch to get their splits. I know it's like living in the Stone Age but it happened. So the next time you're in a race and see a mile-marker, think about the poor person that had to go out there and explain to the police what they were doing............

Peace

2 comments:

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

Good luck tonight. Where's the kickoff? You guys going to be out at Stony all winter, right?

Marlene said...

Don't worry, Ken, Dexter only goes after the bad guys!

Oh, wait.....

 
;