Friday, July 30, 2010

T.G.I.Finished

Well I guess it is true that you can't go back home....

I missed out on my after work nap so I could travel to run with a running store group that I hadn't run with in years. I recall huge crowds of runners of varied paces taking off from the store engulfing the residential streets.

I was looking forward to maybe seeing some old faces and maybe even some new ones.

Well, that didn't happen! The crowd was barely twenty people and the organization was lacking in terms of when we started. Several of the runners didn't even know what the course was, so they were just following other runners and hoping they didn't get lost!

It's funny how much of the route I remembered from the past and certain points brought back times of running with different individuals.

I've gone through quite a few training partners over the years, what about you?

I took those F#%king blister starting Mizunos back and replaced them with my comfortable reliable Brooks, so I'm back on the right side of the fence once again.....

I have friends doing the Chicago 1/2 and the Burning River 100 Miler. Good luck to all.......

Goodbye July, it was hot and sweaty but we had a good time.

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Too bad the group run wasn't quite what you expected, but it sounds like it was still a good little jog down memory lane.

I can't imagine life right now without my current group of training buddies. Some have left and many have joined, but it's been the same core group for almost 2 years now!

Anonymous said...

Sorry the shoes didn't work out for you, but if they don't work, they don't work! Running certainly has the potential to bring many different people in our lives. Too bad the group wasn't as expected!

B.o.B. said...

Hm. Mizuno's gave you the blisters huh? I'm thinking of changing brands myself. Asics served me well, but the new ones I got just aren't the same.

And yes that face I was making was indeed,what the hell am I doing. LOL!

 
;