Friday, June 18, 2010

WTF riday

Wednesday, Thursday & thank God for Friday!

No, my WTF moment happened yesterday when someone decided to run some Yasso 800s at High-noon, like some type of cowboy...........

Since Wednesday was a well deserve rest day, I was feeling guilty and needed some pain.

I should have known I was in trouble from the beginning when my warm-up mile had me sweating like a pig. Do they really sweat????????

Why did it feel like I was jumping off the high-dive platform when I started my first 800?

Here's goes nothing, WTF?????????? 3:25, that's way to fast!!!!

OMG, I can't stop sweating now, get some fluids.

Who mixed this Gatorade? It's too sweet...........

Have you ever had a moment when you just didn't want to get started and just took off running?

Okay, number two here we go..............

3:28!!!!! Your heart rate is too high, slow down you idiot! We have three more to do.

I hate Bart Yasso, who the hell put him in charge?

Get more fluids...........

Number three....... go!

Hey, why does it feel like I'm going to puke??????????

Needless to say number three wasn't a complete 800.

Note to self, bring water instead of syrup next time. Water will settle better in my stomach.

So boys and girls, remember too many sweets will make your tummy upset......

5 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

OMG, I feel your pain, now go have a BEvERage, happy weekend!!!

Marlene said...

Ken, do you tell your team 'Do as I say, not as I do'??

What are you thinking, my friend? Way to busy out a couple of FAST 800's. Maybe wait til it's cooler next time. ;)

High noon - what's that in Canadian?

Anonymous said...

Maybe you were subconsciously trying to get the 800s finished ASAP? They are tough! I know I would've :)

Get a BEvERage and enjoy the weekend!

kara said...

Thanks coach - I needed that. The laugh that is.
And have you tried Kool-aid!
; )

Run Jess Run said...

Wasn't it pushing 90 degrees that day????

 
;