Friday, June 25, 2010

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time.........

I'm sure all of us have had that moment when you asked yourself, 'why did I agree to do this'??????

Well, I volunteered to be the Start-line Coordinator for a local series of races and now that the weekend is here............... you get the picture.

I am really looking forward to the races and I'm sure that I'll have a great time but the drawback is waking up at the butt-crack of dark to get there!

When you participate in a race, you try to get there in enough time to do packet pick-up and maybe ensure a good parking spot.

When you're part of the race, you're expected to be there before participants have gotten out of bed.... Yes, another lovely weekend day of waking up with that damn alarm clock!

I'm really trying to accumulate as much inner-workings of races as possible. I'm seriously thinking of putting on an annual race for my TNT participants as a team fundraiser. It would be something different, like Skirtchasers meet the Hashers but on a smaller scale.

I know a lot of folks are in Seattle for that big event and good luck and hopefully good weather!

I'm taking time off from running until Sunday to let my 'good' knee rest.....

Okay, catch you on the flip side.


6 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

But we *LURV* volunteers and really with "us", where would any event be? Good for you!!!

have a great weekend.

Jess said...

Have fun, despite the early wake up call!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll have a good time once you're there. Just block that whole waking up with the alarm thing out of your mind for now.
Have a great weekend!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Hope it went well. The weather in Seattle was AMAZING. Volunteers are what make our sport what it is. I am hoping to get some volunteering in this summer.

Marlene said...

You must like punishment! Good for you volunteering - it can be dirty work!

Anne said...

I hope the series goes well and the start line is given five stars by all of the runners.

(And, I just pulled the WW...you're right, I am a day ahead of myself. Eeks!)

 
;