Friday, April 13, 2012

T.G.I.Funny..........

Okay, how many of you are filling out your Athlete trackers for the Boston marathon? Is that a little funny or strange????

Quite a few fellow Bloggers and friends are taking part in the Martian event of races. I remember when this race was first run on Hines Drive with minimal volunteers and hoopla. It's been known for having some really nice looking T-shirts:




Good luck with the race and the shirts!

Have you ever been asked for money while running? I always thought that was the funniest thing when running in downtown Detroit.

How about being stopped by a driver and asked for directions? You would think someone running in an area would know where all the streets are............. HA, NOT!

Have you ever used your cell phone while running? I've tried the Bluetooth on the bike and the wind makes it tough for the person on the other end to understand what you're saying....

Why aren't sweatbands used more in running?


6 comments:

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

Those alien running shirts are awesome!

Marlene said...

If you can't understand what you're saying, I think you have bigger problems than wind... :)

I was so bummed that Martian is the same weekend as Boston this year. Loved the race, ugly shirts and all. (although last year's were better)

I love having stalkers!

Ty @tyruns.blogspot said...

I happen to be a proud sweatband-wearing runner (Halo I tie version, specifically). I have the tan lines to prove it: http://tyruns.blogspot.com/2012/04/benefits-of-running-2-great-tan.html

Run Jess Run said...

I agree with Marlene...last year's Martian shirts were way better.

I've been stopped several times to give directions...the question should be how many runners get people lost when giving directions?

Meg said...

I wear headbands while running. Does that mean I'm cool?

Lily on the Road said...

to hell with the sweatbands, I want to sport those rock'n basketball shorts!

 
;