Thursday, December 15, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1) Why is when we get warmer temps anytime in the Winter it's accompanied with thousand mile an hour wind?

2) Have you got your latest issue of 'How to Make 2012 Your Year' magazine? How many of you will be making drastic changes in your training? How many of you will be coming back from injuries (Red) to make up for 2011?

3) Okay, I need to renew my subscription to Running Times, so I'll know how to run in the heat and what kind of bra I need......

Peace

4 comments:

Sun Runner said...

"Why is when we get warmer temps anytime in the Winter it's accompanied with thousand mile an hour wind?"

A cold air mass coming in behind a warm air mass produces a pressure gradient: warm air is less dense (low pressure) than cold air (high pressure), so the cold air wants to go where the warm air is = WIND!

Today's lesson in weather brought to you by your friendly neighborhood science nerd.

Marlene said...

I could handle the snow and the cold and the ice. It's the wind that kills me. Funny how it feels so good in the summer, though.

Jen Feeny said...

Only Sun Runner would comment something like that. Nerd. Either way, I hate the wind too. Why must it be so fierce?!?!

Anyway, 2012, I definitely will be making my way back towards the running by then (and to me, true running starts when I can do a 5k) but with no marathons allowed on the table and a wedding to plan, I think 2012 will be the year to rebuild rather than conquer.

B.o.B. said...

my recent move has me running along the bay a lot and it's so freakin' windy!!! i may end up swimming with the fishes if i'm not more careful!

and yes, i need to get a new bra. lol

 
;