I had a Craptastic run on Saturday! It started with me sleeping in because I deserve it. I'll be back out with the team before I know it, so every Saturday of extra sleep is like gold.....
So when you sleep in, you have to pay to the weather piper. It wasn't hot but it was warm and humid.
I started off and knew that something was wrong from the beginning. I always know those first 10 minutes for me are the toughest. I can talk my self out of or into a workout in 10 minutes.
Well I kept going, knowing it was going to get better.
It didn't get better, I just had to bite the bullet and keep going.
If anything could go wrong it did.
- My water belt started chafing my waist
- I started developing a blister on my left foot
- I was running in quicksand
- I was actually finding loose change on the road, which meant stopping/starting
- Vultures started circling above me
- Walkers were passing me
Thankfully Sunday was the total opposite, I was able to redeem myself and get in a quality run while the rain drizzled upon the road.
Hope everyone had one crappy run this weekend too!
Oh, come on misery loves company.