Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Okay, the plan is......

Okay, the plan is to run as much as possible without hurting myself!

I know that might sound like a pretty simple task but I’m starting to doubt it. I did three miles and didn’t feel great but I didn’t have any knee pain.
Now once I stopped running I did notice some swelling that a little icing won’t resolve. Icing my knee has worked wonders for me. I can actually bend it and walk on it and climb stairs with it, after icing. Now I need to invent a knee brace that stay cold.

I am sooooooooo tempted to register for a race but my better judgment say no.

I watched the ‘Marathon Challenge’ on PBS and it was so similar to my Team in Training experiences. If you get the opportunity to view this program, it is well worth the hour. I’m sure that we can all relate in some way or another.

I still have two players on my ‘Biggest Loser’ fantasy team but I am so far back in the weight lost point total. I didn’t realize how this program had evolved into a ‘game’ and the way the contestants are playing. I remember when it was just about losing weight.

Which leads to the fact that I am gaining weight and it ain’t all muscle!

7 comments:

Pat said...

I liked the marathon show last nite too.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

I have the show on DVR and will watch in the next day or two. I am looking forward to it.

Sonia said...

hahaha I understand the weight part.... I am not 10 lbs over what I weight at my last marathon... time to fess up!!! Good luck on cutting calories or water jogging for ya!

TNTcoach Ken said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TNTcoach Ken said...

Water Jogging? I'm going for the real deal, outdoor running! Maybe I should cut my beer intake. Nah, no running or beer!

Vickie said...

Ken, thanks for stopping by my blog. I know what you mean about trying to balance out running so that you can keep happy but not injured too. Just be patient! It sounds like you're making some progress anyway. Its always hard to take a step (or two or three) back, but it helps in the long run. A woman I work with recently ran with the TNT group in San Francisco. I think she is going to mentor a group in the future. (P.S. I didn't know there were so many Michigan bloggers out there!)

Sonia said...

No running no beer... that's like prison!! lol ;-)

 
;