Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ice, Ice, Baby

Should I just stop running and let my knee have a rest period before I go under the scope?

Of course not! Why not go and do some speedwork with the Hanson’s running group?

That’s right, in lieu of running with the Downtown Detroit Runners/Walkers, Sandy and I ran with the rabbits.

As fate would have it, the night we run with them is speed or strength night. We had a choice between 3 x 1 mile or 2 x 3 miles.

I chose the one mile repeats, since I’m not actually training for anything. Plus there were a few TNT runners that I knew I could run with.

Sandy decided to go for the gold and do the three miles repeats, is that crazy or what.

The object of both was to get familiar with your pace, so for me it was just get through it without hurting any body parts!

I did on occasion have my knee buckle a little but not enough to cause a fall.

Oh, and add to all of this the 88º temperature and it made for an interesting evening.

The ice bag on my knee and the cold beer made everything better for a while………

1 comments:

Jenniferlyn said...

*pout* I really feel bad that your knee is being such a pain! LIterally!

I hope that the scope works out for you and that you are back in comfort ASAP!

 
;