Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wenesday's Why???

In a tribute to Andy Rooney.............



You ever wonder why.................

Those really fast runner that never win, what do they feel like? I mean can you imagine always coming in 12th place?

Do you ever go to a race and look for people that wear the same shoe as you????

My fav is when you see a runner with terrible form and it looks like they're going to die, but they are ahead of you in the race??

Why do those teenaged kids love running without shirts in Winter races????

Why is there always one old naked guy that wants to walk around and talk in the Men's locker room??







7 comments:

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

I love Andy Rooney.

I was once almost passed in a race by a guy wearing a boot. Why he was running a marathon, I don't know, but it sure made me get my butt in gear.

Joe T. said...

At the 2010 Chicago Marathon I passed a guy running as the Eiffel Tower. The second half of the race got into the 80's and I fell apart and had an extremely slow finish. I remarked that if the Eiffel Tower passed me I would stop at that moment, take off my shoes and retire. Luckily he did not catch me.

Unknown said...

I hear you on those runners with poor form looking like are going to die beating and or passing you in a race. I hate that

Joanna said...

The old ladies do the naked thing too. I wish they wouldn't.

Lindsay said...

I hope you were all disgruntled like Rooney when you wrote this :)

Run Jess Run said...

The boys CC team at my school runs once a week in the winter with their shirts off. In northern Michigan. In 2 feet of snow.

I always look at people's shoes at races...makes me feel like part of an elite club when someone's wearing the same shoes as me.

o2bhiking said...

Hey - I think that same guy was in my locker room the other week, too. He gets around, eh?

 
;