Monday, February 1, 2010

Team High-Five vs Team AZ

Wow, the month of January flew by and we're still enjoying a relatively dry winter. The only snow we've gotten has been a dusting compared to previous winters.

So the challenge for 2010 was a competition between Michigan and Arizona to see who could log the most miles and keep each participant motivated to run.

After four weeks of running Team High-Five had a slight lead on Team Az (292.77 miles vs 291.2), is that amazing or what?

What's really funny is that I ran more miles in January 2010 than I did in January 2009 when I started my daily running streak! By having the rest days, I can run more miles than trying to run at least one mile a day.

This past weekend was definitely a TNT weekend. I had group training on Saturday morning, a bowling fundraiser that started before our training was over and a Seventies Disco party fundraiser that evening.

Needless to say my Sunday morning run wasn't until Sunday afternoon.........

Why do I do that to myself???????

Good times.

6 comments:

Pat said...

I'll get you our month end totals soon.

Marlene said...

Woohoo! Great numbers all around!

o2bhiking said...

That is all pretty cool. Maybe next year I can organize a competition between the High Five State and the Mother of Presidents. Too much going on this year. Those little rest days are important, Coach!

CoachLiz said...

A 70's disco party sounds like a fun fundraiser. I will pass it along to my group!

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Lily on the Road said...

I'm with Liz a Disco party is fun anytime!!

 
;