Monday, December 21, 2009

Running with Virgins

A snowy path welcomed us for our TNT group training run on Saturday and it was the first time some of the participants had ever really run in the snow!

I still love the reactions that I'm getting from them, not only running in snow but in 20 degree temps. I was a little disappointed that we couldn't get in any good hill work because of the snow but we have plenty of time.

We had our 'Bad Santa' hash and there were plenty of BEvERages had. It was also brought out that I've been negligent in attending the weekly hash. My name is on the backslider's list!

Only three working days for me this week and then it's the holiday season for sure!

I think I'm taking part in a running challenge for 2010, forming teams in Michigan to compete against Pat's team in Arizona for runnign the most miles. It should prove to be interesting since our weather is so similar!!!

8 comments:

Pat said...

Now that's a great post title. I've been a runner for almost four years and have yet to run in the snow. As a matter of fact, I've only run in the rain 3 or 4 times.

But, I've run in 100+ temps too many times to name.

I guess we need to get some team captains in place. I'll captian Team Arizona. Let me know who'll lead the high five state. I'll write about it in my blog.

Have a Happy Holiday Season,

Pat

Jenniferlyn said...

Yes yes yes! We are going to ROCK AZ!

Jess said...

I haven't run in snow -- ever. I have run in cold weather when in MN for xmas, but I haven't actually had to run IN snow before.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Jess, I was so thinking of you and Pat!!!!

Run Fast Mama! www.runfastmama.com said...

Running in snow was really, well nothing! Just taken a bit slower, it was great. So nice to get out this time of year. Thanks Coach Ken!

o2bhiking said...

Running in snow scares us here in Virginia. Actually we have done it, just not deep snow. Cold too, well of course you Michigan folk don't consider 5 degrees F cold but we do. Did my first marathon in steady cool rain in Alaska. Good luck!

Lily on the Road said...

Pat and Jess, you just haven't lived until you've run 32K in snow that is up past your "ass"ets!!

Ken, Merry Christmas to you and yours....have an adult BEvERage for me while you've got your feet up in front of the fireplace over the holidays!

Coach Liz said...

The "Bad Santa" hash sounds like a lot of fun. I will head up TEAM Goofy for you when I go to Disney here in a few weeks.

 
;